Service Dogs at School: A Way of Life for Students, Employees and Administrators
A free lecture and discussion on Service Dogs in educational settings. Heidi von Ravensberg, Hilary Gerdes, Melissa Mitchell and Leslie Weilbacher, who have many years of experience educating the community about service dogs, will present an overview of the law and their personal experiences and perspectives on the human-dog partnership in educational settings. They will address frequently asked questions like:
- What is a service dog?
- Can I bring my dog to school/campus?
- Does a service dog have to be trained and certified?
- What kinds of accommodations must an educational institution provide the team?
- Who is responsible for the care of the dog?
- What kinds of things can service dogs do?
- Can I pet your dog?
This presentation is geared toward educators, social workers, administrators, human resource providers and future professionals in any of these fields.